Re: xlsread function undefined

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: xlsread function undefined
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 07:31:56 +0900 (JST)

--- Marco Magliulo <address@hidden

> I would like to import data of .xlsx files and stock them into arrays.
>
> To do so, I have learned that I needed to import the IO package, and so I
> did.
>
> However, I do not know what to do with the package.I have stored the
> io-2.2.7.tar.gz ( I don&#8217;t know if it is normal but io-2.2.6 was already
> present, maybe I need to get rid of it to avoid conflict) file into the .src
> folder and run
>  build.package.m as a script in octave.
>
> But still, when I call the xlsread function in my scripts, the function xls
> read is not defined. Maybe I should have done something else. Could you
> please help me into that matter ?
>
> Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I am freshly new
>
> Marco Magliul

Did you execute "pkg load io" before xlsread?

You can check  whear packages are loaded or not by "pkg list". The loaded
packages are marked by *.

I want to io package is to be loaded by default, execute "pkg rebuild -auto io"
 and restart octave.

Check by "pkg list" that io package is loaded.

Tatsuro