Re: Adding the IO package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Adding the IO package
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:53:04 +0200

Dear Marco

Marco Magliulo wrote (privately):
<snip cordial greetings etc>

1. For questions about Octave usage, please do not email
   privately to Octave / Octave-Forge developers but post
   to address@hidden

2. Read on below message.... (called "bottom-posting", we
   like it that way)

I would like to import data of .xlsx files and stock them into arrays.

To do so, I have learned that I needed to import the IO package, and so
I did.

However, I do not know what to do with the package.

I have stored the  io-2.2.7.tar.gz file into the .src folder and run
build.package.m

But still, when I call the xlsread function, it is not defined.

Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I am freshly new user.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :-)
And welcome to Octave!

You also need to "load" the io package. In the Octave terminal, issue the following command:

pkg load io

Success,

Philip