Re: print produces strange results (4.0.0-rc2, Win7)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: print produces strange results (4.0.0-rc2, Win7)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:06:46 -0500

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Martin Kunz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am using Octave 4.0.0-rc2 (downloaded from
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave)underWindows 7bit and have trouble with
printing figures. For plotting I use the Qt toolkit which I like for its
speed.
The attached script creates 3 rather simple figures and saves them to
PNG, PDF and SVG. The resulting files are attached, as well as
screenshots of the figure windows. The latter look all fine, even the
Omega is printed correctly. However, all of the files have issues.

​I do not do windows, so you need to figure out some details.

1) Try using graphics_backend("gnuplot") and cairo based
terminals ("wxr", "qt", "pdfcairo", "pngcairo").

2) Try using UTF characters directly (i.e. instead of ylabel ("\\Omega")
  use ylabel("Ω"))

Hope that helps.

Dmitri.