Create Matrices e.g. A = randn(5,5,3) in .oct file

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Create Matrices e.g. A = randn(5,5,3) in .oct file
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

As part of an attempt to convert an Octave .m function to a .oct function I
need to create an array of matrices, the typical Octave code for which looks
like:-

A = 0.01 * randn( 5 , 5 , 3 ) ;

How would I code this in a .oct function? I'm even having problems with just
declaring and creating a simple equivalent structure, e.g. Matrix A ( 5 , 5
, 3 ) is only giving a single 5 by 5 matrix, not the three 5 by 5 matrices
the octave code produces.