Re: Octave 3.8.2 IO corrupting and locking files after creation

From: adt992
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.2 IO corrupting and locking files after creation
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:00:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tatsuro,

After getting used to the forum I found the thread in your last pot and
implemented what you recommended and it worked successfully. Apparently I'm
using UNO with Libre Office now. Is this because Java is no longer installed
and Libre is the default XLS interface? I'm just trying to gain an
understanding of how this change was made, I don't recall any steps that
required me to set up an environment variable for libre.

Another question, I haven't been able to find a clear answer but do I
manually load the IO pkg every time I restart octave?

Thank you for your help it was very useful!

Emma