Aw: serial port patch files octave instrument-control

From: Stefan Mahr
Subject: Aw: serial port patch files octave instrument-control
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:08:45 +0100

> For my application on the raspberry pi, I needed to also read the
> serial ClearToSend and DataSetReady pins. I have adapted your code to
> do exactly that for linux-machines. The changed files are attached.
> Would you like to include it in the main code? I can also send patch
> files if you prefer. The only caveat is that I don't have a windows pc
> or mac, so that I am not sure if I broke the windows and mac code with
> my changes in get.m and __srl_properties__.cc. You would need to check
> that.
>
> Regards,
> Alexander Heimel

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your patch. I just pushed a modified version to hg repository [1].
Instead of using the pin names for the properties I added property 'PinStatus'
and return a struct that includes CTS, DSR, CD and RI signals. This fits better
to existing MATLAB behaviour. I also added win32 support, but I can't test it.

John,

could you help out and test/correct the new property with win32?

BR,
Stefan

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/instrument-control/ci/d84afe02be06e698da7bc89dc049d7224e6ea425/