Re: Question on right patch regarding zipped info - files

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Question on right patch regarding zipped info - files
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:56:48 +0100

On 01.03.2015 18:46, Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> Dear listmembers,
> there exist two patches with regard to the zipped info - file issue that
> differ kind of, one of them is here:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/be7b05f95d7c
>
> the other one can be found there:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38305
>
> which one of the two should be used best? I am currently discussing with the
> openSUSE folks, I had used the second version, however, at openSUSE they used
> the first one and asked me why I used the second one.
>
> Both of them work as expected - I would appreciate if you could tell me which
> one should be preferred.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> take care

The first patch is an improved version of the second one which was a
proposal for fixing the bug. The first one is already pushed to the
default branch of the octave repository. Hence, the first one is already
used in the development version 3.9.1+ and will be included in the
upcoming 4.0 release.

Torsten