Serial port communication

From: eva198
Subject: Serial port communication
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:54:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I have the following problem establishing connection with the serial
port:

I use Octave 3.8.2 for Windows, and I have successfully installed and loaded
the instrument-control package. When I try to establish a connection with
the Tiva C LaunchPad, it seams to work:

>> s1=serial('COM4')
s1 = 0x818
>> get(s1)
ans =

  scalar structure containing the fields:

    baudrate =  115200
    bytesize =  8
    parity = None
    stopbits =  1
    timeout = -1
    requesttosend = on
    dataterminalready = off

However when I try to read data from the port with srl_read(s1, 8), octave
just keeps running and eventually stop to respond. Does anyone know what
could cause this?