Re: Table data type

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: Table data type
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:28:15 +0100

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Loris <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Is there any support for the "table" datatype in Ocatave? It was introduced
in Matlab r2013b, and seems quite a neat solution to move along data.

As in our group we are trying to produce cross-compatible code, I'm trying
to understand if this datatype is supported (or will be supported reasonably
soon, natively or through addon packages) in Octave before start migrating
toward "tables". I tried octave wiki and google with no luck.

the table is (afaik) just a classdef thing (a set of structures). the hard work is to make the column names dynamically. How ever, a few weeks ago I've started the table stuff but get stuck while overloading subsref and substruct...
I've pushed everything to https://github.com/octave-de/table if you want to contribute to.

Thanks in advance,
Loriano.
PS few references from TMW.