Re: octave-control: stepinfo

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: octave-control: stepinfo
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 22:30:57 -0500

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Aidan Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Aidan Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

We always bottom post on this list

Aidan Plenert Macdonald
4178 Decoro Street, San Diego, CA 92122

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM, Aidan Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I wrote some code for stepinfo in the octave-control package. I tried to match the guidelines found here

I attached the code. It doesn't match the Matlab standard perfectly, but I was wondering how much I should do before submitting it. I wrote it to take in one system and give the results specified in http://www.mathworks.com/help/control/ref/stepinfo.html.

I was also a little concerned with the math I did. I couldn't find a better explanation of the various parameters than Matlab's website specified. That said, I wrote it and compared it to a few examples using my universities Matlab and they mostly match.

Let me know what I should do to improve it. I am very new to the open source contributing scene, let me know what I should do to help.

Enjoy,

Aidan Plenert Macdonald
4178 Decoro Street, San Diego, CA 92122

I just did a quick read through and I see that for slope you did time over y_yalue
I am sure that it should be the other way   rise over run

I will do more checking later
Doug
--

Thanks for looking. No, I think the slope is right. I am using is to calculate the true times below given the error in the difference from the ideal 90% and 10% voltage. The slope is in units seconds/volts. With an error from the ideal in volts (the error come from discretization of the signal), I linearly approximate the true value.
--

Like I said I will do more checking.

DAS

Sorry, Does this look better? I am using Gmail

Aidan Plenert Macdonald
4178 Decoro Street, San Diego, CA 92122

Yes very good :-)

--