Re: OctConf 2015 survey results

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: OctConf 2015 survey results
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:12:21 -0800 (PST)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
> Germans, Austrians, Italians, do you want to make a case for why we
> should go to your countries instead of the UK?

Ok, I let me try to make a case for Darmstadt by offering some incentives

a) we can guarantee nice seminar rooms with eduroam
b) if we organize a few "keynotes" I can invite speakers
c) we can organize a nice social event e.g. visiting GSI's particle
accelerator [1] or ESA's Space Operations Centre [2]

... and d) did I mention that Frankfurt airport is very close? :)

Sebastian

[1] https://www.gsi.de/en/
[2] http://www.esa.int/About_Us/ESOC