Re: decimate producing NaN

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: decimate producing NaN
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:00:05 +0100

>thank you for pointing me to plotdecimate(), which I wasn't aware of.
>I was testing spline() meanwhile, which worked very good for me. A short
>test of plotdecimate() revealed that it is more intelligently reducing data,
>but is also much slower than spline(), though speed is no problem for my
>application.

Good, thanks.  For long inputs, you should be able to speed up
plotdecimate significantly by giving it a second argument set to false,
at the expense of shrinking power, i.e. the output may be longer.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107