Re: Octconf 2015 poll

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Octconf 2015 poll
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:03:57 +0100

Hi again!

On 27.01.2015 08:22, Daniel Kraft wrote:
> On 26.01.2015 16:46, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 09:17 +0100, Daniel Kraft wrote:
>>> My location is Graz, Austria [1] [2].  Since there are quite a lot of
>>> computer scientists (Technical University, University of Applied
>>> Sciences), I may be able to find a sponsored venue and such.
>>>
>>>   [1] http://www.graz.at/EN/
>>>   [2]
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=47.0709&mlon=15.4382#map=13/47.0709/15.4382
>>>
>>> Is there interest for me to try?
>>
>> I would certainly like to have an opportunity to visit Austria. Can
>> you start looking into this possibility?
>
> I will ask around where we could get a room from (but I'm sure that one
> of the universities will provide it).

I've got tentative promises (of course, we would need to fix precise
dates and all that) for rooms both from the University of Applied
Sciences and the mathematics department of the University of Graz.  So
we should definitely be able to get a room at least from one of them.

The former host the annual "Grazer Linux Tage" (Graz Linux days), which
are focused on free software in general.  So they have interest.  The
latter is where my research position is, where lots of people use Matlab
-- but some of them may still be interested to hear about Octave as
well.  I think both would be suited well for the room requirements we have.

I could even ask the Technical University (where the computer scientists
are) as well, but I see no need for that at the moment.

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/