Re: New Markowitz / Matlab

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: New Markowitz / Matlab
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:57:54 +0100

Le 13/01/2015 20:24, Vic Norton a écrit :
On Jan 13, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Julien Bect<address@hidden>  wrote:

>Vic,
>
>Your script and functions cannot be used in Matlab.
>
>Comments should be with % instead of #. Operators like ++ and -- are not
allowed. etc.

>@++
>Julien
Hi Julien,

I started changing the #'s to %'s. That's no problem. But I won't change my ++'s until
Octave rewrites the "Increment Operators" section of its manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Increment-Ops.html#Increment-Ops

I quote from that section:
    x++
        This expression causes the variable x to be incremented.
        The value of the expression is the old value of x.

Thinking further about it, I guess I'll just forget about MatLab. I like ++'s.
I hope Octave doesn't drop them.

Vic,

Just to be clear: I'm not asking you to change anything in your package to make it Matlab-compatible.

I'm just saying, if you want me or someone else to test something for you in Matlab, you have to provide scripts that run in Matlab.

@++
Julien