Re: New Markowitz / Matlab

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: New Markowitz / Matlab
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:24:47 -0500

On Jan 13, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:

> Vic,
>
> Your script and functions cannot be used in Matlab.
>
> Comments should be with % instead of #. Operators like ++ and -- are not
> allowed. etc.
>
> @++
> Julien

Hi Julien,

I started changing the #'s to %'s. That's no problem. But I won't change my
++'s until Octave rewrites the "Increment Operators" section of its manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Increment-Ops.html#Increment-Ops

I quote from that section:
   x++
       This expression causes the variable x to be incremented.
       The value of the expression is the old value of x.

Thinking further about it, I guess I'll just forget about MatLab. I like ++'s.
I hope Octave doesn't drop them.

Regards,

Vic