Octave: plot options.

From: Constantine Frangos
Subject: Octave: plot options.
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:03:16 +0200 (SAST)

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the fast response. I am using Debian Linux 6 ("Squeeze") and
Octave 3.2.4 is the version that installs by default. I want to keep this
installation intact for safety reasons.

If I use the command: apt-get install octave, then I think that this will
overwrite the existing octave installation.

I had a look at http://wiki.octave.org/Debian but the instructions there
are not so easy to understand.

Any assistance with the following will be appreciated:

(1) What are the steps to install the newest version of Octave plus
toolboxes in a separate directory, eg. /home/apps/octave4.0 using
apt-get ... etc ? Or must this be done somehow manually ?

Best regards,
Constantine.