RE: [Kriging-help] machine learning - multiple target variables

From: Lazar A.
Subject: RE: [Kriging-help] machine learning - multiple target variables
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:17:00 +0000

Dear Julien,

Thank you very much for the reply!

In the meantime, I have already tried this approach (i.e. entering the spatial location as an input), and noticed that the training failed. I thought it was because of the computer memory, but it makes more sense if STK cannot handle it, because I have a high spec computer.

But, I found a way. I carried out a PCA on the data, trained the emulator on the PCA scores, and when using this emulator in my integrated model, I simply re-construct the water elevation predictions from the PCA scores. This works: keeps the emulation at minimum and fast.

Thanks again for the kind support and for the fantastic toolbox!

Best wishes,

  Attila