Re: lsim() trims time vector in an odd fashion

From: rocketsound
Subject: Re: lsim() trims time vector in an odd fashion
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:49:33 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for your reply. I'm really trying to get behind this issue, but I
still don't get it :(. Of course your solution works and of course my way
creating t_vec is cumbersome but I'm still trying to understand how the
problem is caused by the loop beginning at line 10.

When I debug into lsim() I see that dt = 0.1, tinitial = 0, and tfinal = 10
in the workspace pane of the GUI and that seems pretty fine. Now, if I enter
reshape(tinitial : dt : tfinal, [], 1); on the command prompt I'll get a
vector with 101 entries. But if I debug lsim() I get, against my
expectations, a vector with only 100 entries but the parameters to the
function are the same! I noticed that when I add t_vec(end) =
int32(t_vec(end)); after the for loop (beginning at line 10) the code works.

I guess this issue isn't related to lsim() anymore but I would be very
thankful if you could shed some light on the matter.