RE: Critical error octave

From: John Guin
Subject: RE: Critical error octave
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:36:19 -0800

I've had similar errors when (for whatever reason) I don't have permission
to folders in Windows.  I use the "Take Ownership" tool from this site:
http://www.blogsdna.com/17568/how-to-take-ownership-on-windows-8.htm  Just
install the reg keys, right click the folder (in this case,
c:\users\eigenarr) and select Take Ownership.  It takes a few seconds but
then you have full permissions to that folder and all subfolders.

In case you don't want to download from that site, here are the keys it
sets:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant
administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant
administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\"
/grant administrators:F /t"

Does this help?