Re: Is JIT OK on x86_64?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Is JIT OK on x86_64?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:03:46 +1100

Hello Jordi,

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 02:23:01 +1100, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 16:44 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
I will be building for an x86_64, and would like advice on enabling
JIT. I don't want to go through the build process with JIT enabled
if it is a known problem.

JIT compiling can be enabled for x86_64, but please note that JIT
compiling is mostly a white elephant at this point. It doesn't compile
anything but the most trivial of loops, and it's causing all of us a
maintenance burden. I would recommend against spending the effort to
make Octave build with JIT compiling. If you know of someone who
understands this topic, please direct them our way.

Thanks for explanation.
Sorry, I don't know anyone who can help, wish I did.
I'll build with JIT disabled.

Cheers,
--
Regards,