Re: Is JIT OK on x86_64?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Is JIT OK on x86_64?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:23:01 -0500

On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 16:44 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
> I will be building for an x86_64, and would like advice on enabling
> JIT. I don't want to go through the build process with JIT enabled
> if it is a known problem.

JIT compiling can be enabled for x86_64, but please note that JIT
compiling is mostly a white elephant at this point. It doesn't compile
anything but the most trivial of loops, and it's causing all of us a
maintenance burden. I would recommend against spending the effort to
make Octave build with JIT compiling. If you know of someone who
understands this topic, please direct them our way.

- Jordi G. H.