EDITOR COMMAND ISSUE

From: ESMERALDA PODA
Subject: EDITOR COMMAND ISSUE
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:28:42 +0100

To the attention of Octave members,

 I am trying to work on Octave, particularly with the Editor window, and I am not allowed to go any further because numbers are highlighted in red, and if I run the script, it gives me 'error: 'newfile' undefined near line 1 column 1'. I searched for solutions, but did not get to fix this thing.
Attached you find as it appears the editor window.
Please, tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thank you for your time and attention.
I cannot wait to hearing from you!

Kind regards