How to obtain discernible permutations of a vector?

From: AlexZen
Subject: How to obtain discernible permutations of a vector?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:56:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem : let's say I have the vector v=(1,1,1,0,0) and
I want to generate the permutations of this vector. The problem is, if I
simply use perms(v), matlab is going to generate many degenerate vectors
because it does not understand that the elements of my vector are similar
(so for instance I will have like ten exemplars of (1,0,1,1,0) , then ten of
(0,1,1,1,0), etc). Of course I can easily make a code that gets rid of those
degenerate vectors, but it is very time consuming when the length of the
vector gets bigger.

Thank you for your help guys.

Alex.