Re: Installing Parallel package with Mac OS X and Fink

From: mpender
Subject: Re: Installing Parallel package with Mac OS X and Fink
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 06:07:02 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the feedback.  I had tried fink install parallel without
apparent success, so I was trying to install the library within Octave.  Now
I did as you suggested and used fink to install the parallel-382 library and
it seemed to go smoothly, but there were a lot of warnings about routines
that shadow a core function and the pararrayfun statement is not recognized
when I test it with an example:

octave:1> # fun is the function to apply
octave:1> fun = @(x) x^2;
octave:2>
octave:2> vector_x = 1:10;
octave:3>
octave:3> vector_y = pararrayfun(nproc, fun, vector_x)
error: 'pararrayfun' undefined near line 1 column 12
octave:3>

I can see a pararrayfun.m routine at
./share/octave/3.8.2/packages/parallel-2.2.0/pararrayfun.m but it must not
have become part of the Octave search path?