Re: An error message concerning plot

From: mpender
Subject: Re: An error message concerning plot
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:32:59 -0800 (PST)

This is similar to the problem that I am having.  I used the binary installer
for Octave 3.8.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.4.  I can use the full graphical
interface, but the plot command from the command line interface chokes with
the similar error message:

octave:19> plot(tr)

gnuplot> set terminal aqua enhanced title "Figure 1"  font "*,6" dashlength
1
                      ^
         line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set
terminal' for a list

octave:20>

I did install aquaterm from http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net, but it has not
resolved the problem.  From what I'm reading in this thread, uninstalling
Octave from the binary installer and then reinstalling won't really fix the
problem since homebrew does not configure terminals either.  Any suggestions
how to proceed?