Re: Create an XLSX using the COM interface

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Create an XLSX using the COM interface
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 07:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

ijourneaux wrote

> Philip Nienhuis wrote
>> All I can say is that at that very moment Excel tries to create the file
>> on disk (until then all data are in memory only). It is clearly (for me)
>> an Excel problem.
> I now agree. Per my earlier email this is an Excel "bug" Changing from
> SaveAs to SaveCopyAs seems to solve the problem.

Ian,

Thanks for sorting this out.

Googleing for "Excel SaveAs SaveCopyAs" provides some more or less useful
pointers. An overall picture emerges that this issue is not so much of an
Excel bug but rather Excel2007+ being a bit more picky than its
predecessors.

The best seems to be replacing "SaveAs" by "SaveCopyAs" for new files
(xls.changed == 2). It does work with Excel'97 as well. I'll fix this in the
io pkg.

Philip