Octave m-file encryption

From: maber
Subject: Octave m-file encryption
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.
I'm making a C/C++ standalone octave (octaveserver) application on windows
that can be launched when my main application starts (i.e., some biomedical
system). I communicate with the Octave server though a named pipe: that is I
pass my data to the standalone octaveserver and it returns the results,
which it calculates using an m-file script. All this works very nice. As far
as I understand only our "plugin" (the octaveserver) will be subject to the
GNU licensing.

However my question comes here: we will need somehow to encrypt our script
m-file so people cannot view the algorithms, but is this even possible since
the opensource octaveserver is the system that does all the calculation?
Obfuscating the m-code is not a proper solution.

Is my only option really using a socket to connect with the m-file on a
physically remote location? or can I rewrite my program in a novel way so
that m-files can be hidden or encrypted

Many Thanks
MN