Re: How do you select only specific rows based on the values in a specif

From: Dave Cottingham
Subject: Re: How do you select only specific rows based on the values in a specific column?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:46:30 -0400

So you have a huge collection of records, and you want to selectively read the ones that meet certain criteria on certain columns. That sounds like a database problem to me. You could import your file into a database, and then use the "database" package to read the records you want.

I confess I have never used the database package, so I can't vouch for it.

If you want something more quick-and-dirty, think up a function interface that has whatever flexibility you need -- maybe specifying max and min for latitude is all you need -- and then write an octave-callable C routine using mkoctfile. That I can vouch for -- I do it regularly, and it works great.

Hope this helps.

 - Dave Cottingham