Parallel package and multicore issues

From: Antoine Moreau
Subject: Parallel package and multicore issues
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:57:13 +0200

Hi !

I've been an Octave user for quite a while now, and always very satisfied with it.
My whole career relies on Octave, to be honest :)

Now I've got a decent computer with 24 cores. I want to use pararrayfun. My code works fine, except that all the processes are using the same cpu. Which makes the parcellfun
totally useless. Sigh.

I was not able to find a solution, so far. I've really be looking for a solution somewhere on the internet and nothing popped out. I'm using (since this issue may be system dependent) an Ubuntu 12.04.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Antoine.

btw: if you want to see some of our results, obtained using Octave, you can have a look at this page
http://elma.univ-bpclermont.fr/moreau/moosh

--
Maître de Conférences
Institut Pascal, UMR 6602, Clermont Université