[no subject]

From: Zilore Mumba
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:24:29 +0200

In case there are any people who work with geographical map overlays over contours I would appreciate some help.
I have not been able to get an easy to use m_map manual, but this is what I have done so far:
a) downloaded and installed m_map
b) downloaded and unpacked tbase.Z in m_map, and gshhs in m_map/private

I have tried plotting maps with this software with the code in the attachments to this mail.

m_proj('mercator','lat',[-18 -8],'lon',[22 34],'aspect',.8);
m_tbase('contour');
m_grid('tickdir','out','yaxislocation','left',...
       'xaxislocation','bottom','xlabeldir','middle','ticklen',.02);

without the " m_tbase('contour') " I get the empty box but both have longitude ant latitude correctly plotted but no map. Off course I get a lot of warnings of the type:
"
warning: /home/zmumba/m_map/m_grid.m: possible Matlab-style short-circuit operator at line 209, column 40
"
Any assistance to get a map would be appreciated.