Re: Combining cell (string) array elements

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Combining cell (string) array elements
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

Puffinman wrote
> Thanks Philip.
>
> Yup, I suppose "elegant" wasn't exactly the most precise term to use. I
> was basically looking for a vectorized solution, which you admirably
> provided.
>
> Don't know how much more one could simplify it really. Being a relative
> newbie to Octave and matrix operations, it's probably well beyond my
> capabilities at present. So personally, I'm very happy with what you've
> done.
>
> Thanks again for your solution.

At your service :-)

Actually Octave is lacking a neat function for elementwise concatenation of
cellstr arrays.

There's strjoin but it doesn't work on arrays. I never succceeded to get
arrayfun and cellfun applied to strjoin().

So the only way I know is along the lines of " cellstr (cell2mat ([array1>
<array2> ... <arrayn>]))' " but it isn't pretty.

Philip