Re: Octave instrument-control/i2c_read

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Octave instrument-control/i2c_read
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 15:57:24 +0200

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Grzegorz Ficht <address@hidden> wrote:
I have two questions regarding the i2c library:

1. i2c_read - it works in a different manner you would normally operate an i2c bus. It just reads all of the registers of the i2c device that's connected currently, instead of sending a request for data from a specific register. This makes you use a huge buffer for i2c data to scan through all the data instead of getting specific values you need. Is there a workaround?
2. What's the frequency that the bus operates with?

Best Regards,
Greg