Executing .m files from the bash shell

From: Krishnaprasad
Subject: Executing .m files from the bash shell
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 04:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I followed the standard procedure to execute .m file from the bash shell
which is by adding #! /usr/local/bin/octave -qf at the beginning of the file
and set the permissions of the file to 755. When I executed ./<name of the
function / .m file>, it did not work. The .m file contains several sub
functions that are internally used for the overall execution. I also tried
using octave <name of the .m file> but it gives an error that displays
"nested functions not implemented in this context".

I am able to execute the .m file if I use it from the octave shell and as
well as the octave gui.

Can I kindly know the procedure to execute .m files from the bash shell?

Regards,
Krishnaprasad