Linear time-invariant time response kernel, MATLAB vs Octave Code

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Linear time-invariant time response kernel, MATLAB vs Octave Code
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to get some MATLAB scripts to run in Octave, but have a problem
with the following line of code:

x = ltitr( a, b, u, x0 ) ;

which throws an error in Octave.

Online research shows that the ltitr function is an internal MATLAB function
that returns the Linear time-invariant time response kernel for the given
inputs. This sounds as if it should be a common DSP requirement, so I feel
that this must be implemented directly in Octave, or in the latest Control
package from Source Forge. However, I can't seem to find an Octave
equivalent. I've read the documentation for the latest Octave Control
package and maybe I should be using the functions lsim.m or ss.m or dss.m
but I'm not really sure.

Can anyone enlighten me? If it's not implemented in Octave, maybe some
online reference to code that I could use to write my own ltitr function?