parallel pkg unexplainable error

From: Moritz Keuthen
Subject: parallel pkg unexplainable error
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:22:04 +0200

Hello,

I am using the octave package parallel and have had increasingly problems.
Quite a lot of my last test runs aborted with the following error:

parcellfun: 9/13 jobs doneerror: invalid conversion from real matrix to real
scalar
error: file id must be a file object, std::string, or integer value
warning: broken pipe
warning: broken pipe
warning: broken pipe
warning: broken pipe
error: called from:
error: /home/hpc/t1313/di34koy/octave/parallel-2.2.0/parcellfun.m at line 334,
column 11

The error is not replicable (running the same program again won't necessarily
produce the error at the same iteration) and has appeared in different pipes,
e.g.

parcellfun: 12/13 jobs doneerror: invalid conversion from real matrix to real
scalar
error: file id must be a file object, std::string, or integer value
warning: broken pipe
error: called from:
error: /home/hpc/t1313/di34koy/octave/parallel-2.2.0/parcellfun.m at line 334,
column 11

I am using octave 3.8.1 and parallel 2.2.0. It seems to me that the problem
lies somewhere in the parallel code, but I am not an expert (;

I would be deeply grateful if someone could help me with the issue.

Regards
Moritz Keuthen