Re: Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c

From: c.
Subject: Re: Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c (or c++) code
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 20:00:03 +0200

On 25 Aug 2014, at 14:46, JokerOne <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1.) Are there any ways to compile an octave.m file to - say- c or c++ ? (I
> guess there are none, but maybe I am wrong?).

no.

> 2.) Are there ways to call Octave functions from within a c (or c++) code?
> A brief answer with some links to more information are very appreciated. Thx

yes. the easiest example is inside the octave source code distribution:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/bb0c5e182c12/examples/code/embedded.cc

there is a section in the manual about this:
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

c.