Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c (or

From: JokerOne
Subject: Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c (or c++) code
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 05:46:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi community,

despite the fact, that similiar questions were posed in the past in this
list, I would like to
ask these questions once more, as I find the existing answers and posts
quite confusing, sorry.
So maybe, you could help me to find out about the current situation:

1.) Are there any ways to compile an octave.m file to - say- c or c++ ? (I
guess there are none, but maybe I am wrong?).

2.) Are there ways to call Octave functions from within a c (or c++) code?
A brief answer with some links to more information are very appreciated. Thx