RE: Oct2XLS produces readonly error on one computer

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: Oct2XLS produces readonly error on one computer
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:50:27 +0000

Ian,

It may be.  I have a similar problem where Emacs says its directory
is "unsafe".  Turns out that Win7, or one of the dozens of security
programs with which IT encumbers my machine, makes some directories
appear to be read-only even when there is no other indication that
they are.  Nobody knows why.  You might try putting the file into a
different directory or even a different disk.

Regards,
Allen