Re: Problems with image package

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Problems with image package
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 13:56:39 +1000

On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 00:15:48 +1000, Stillwater <address@hidden> wrote:

I installed the image package by:
pkg install "C:\\Downloads\\image-2.2.1.tar.gz"
and also by:
pkg -forge install image

After that, functions can only be found by:
addpath C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.1\share\octave\packages\image-2.2.1

Still, function 'bwlabel' seems to be missing. I only found it in the much
older package 'image-1.0.15.tar.gz', but that package removes newer
versions, causing other problems...

The online function reference still mentions 'bwlabel'.

I'm not an experienced user of Octave. Did I forget to install something
else? Is it normal that one needs to add the paths of installed packages?
Should 'bwlabel' be there at all?

Try "pkg list" which will show the loaded packages.
The loaded packages will have an * next to name. If there is no * then the package is not loaded.
You can load the image package with "pkg load image".

See if any of that helps.

Cheers,
--
Regards,