RE: Any interest in a Human Response to Vibration package?

From: Sven-Erik Tiberg
Subject: RE: Any interest in a Human Response to Vibration package?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 06:48:26 +0000

Hi

Some time ago we where investigating hole-body-vibrations in off-road vehicles,
train engines, sea vessels and developing suspensions for drivers.
We had been using ISO-2631 for cars and trucks but found that it had
limitations in sea vessels and off-road vehicles so we started to use BS6841
and also consider high crest factors.  BS6842 also takes rotations into
calculting the vibrations dose.
At this time we started to use Matlab in early verions but had to change to
IGOR as Matlab at that time had a limitation to 8000 elements in array and
matris. IGOR was aslo at that time IMHO much better in array calculation and
graphics.

We developed active suspension for forwarders together with MOOG. Passive
suspension of driver seat for mine lokomotives. Driver seat for rescue boat,
motion sickness vibration limits,,,,.

We put down this research as our development was a a bit ahead in time for the
manufactors and customers.
Latley we have discussed to implement semi-slow suspension on forwarders with a
manufactor ( appr. 8y ago).

I can have a look for our BS6842 code if you are interested.

Ref. "Handbook of Human Vibration" by M.J. Griffin ISBN 0-12-303040-4 Chapter
10-12.

Sven-Erik Tiberg
Lulea Univ. of Technology
Sweden.