Writing a parallel 'for loop'

From: Nadeera Gunaratne
Subject: Writing a parallel 'for loop'
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 12:16:09 +1000

Hi,

I was using Matlab but I need to re-write my program in Octave in order to gain access to high performance computers on a cluster.

The program runs parallel in Matlab but do not know the way to write it in Octave. I searched through the web and could not find a better example. I am aware of 'parallel' and 'multicore' packages but puzzling to rewrite using Octave functions. I have attached my Matlab code for your reference.

The program works as follows.

  1. start with initial L value
  2. Call 'ARL_fun(L)' in a parallel loop with given L value
  3. 'ARL_fun(L)' come up with a integer value and store those values in a array.
  4. exist loop and compute average from the array.
  5. repeat step 2 to 4 until average is equal to 370 by changing the L value.
I want to call the 'ARL_fun(L)' function in a parallel for loop and store the return values in a array.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Nadeera