Re: Fwd: ocatve3.8.1 crashing while saving plot

From: Helios de Rosario
Subject: Re: Fwd: ocatve3.8.1 crashing while saving plot
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:58:50 +0200

>>> El día 04/07/2014 a las 9:46, Raghu Charan A <address@hidden>
escribió:
> thanks also i have other problems
> 1)  mytitle is blocked by the graph (only happens when using
gnuplot)
> 2) axis labels cant bee senn clearly because of numbers on the
respective
> axes ( only happens when using  gnuplot)
>
> what is the solution for this?

If most of your problems appear when using gnuplot, could you try
printing from fltk?

But then perhaps you will find other problems there: I did:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42534

If only gnuplot prints well, the fastest workaround for me is: print
with gnuplot as Octave does by default, and then tweak the image file
with a more appropriate program for image editing. E.g., if you print in
svg, Inkscape works quite fine.

Helios

<address@hidden>
>> escribió:
>> > thank you all finally i can save as svg or pdf file
>> >
>> > but why is figure disappearing if i scroll up or down in gnuplot
>> figure
>> > window? and also if i choose a background color it is  not taking
>> affect
>> > unless i scroll by then my plot is gone and im left with colorbar
>> this is
>> > the mat file of figure
>> >

>> The plot and the colorbar are in different axes of the figure. It
seems
>> that when you try manipulate with the mouse after creating/loading
the
>> figure, you are acting on the last created axes, which contain the
>> colorbar, not the plot.
>>
>> I don't know why the other axes go blank. But anyway, that problem
does
>> not happen to me if I work with the fltk toolkit. So, the
workaround
>> is:
>>
>> # load the figure data
>> struct2hdl(figdata)
>> # If you are using gnuplot, switch to fltk to manipulate
>> graphics_toolkit(gcf, 'fltk')
>> # Now manipulate the figure
>> # [...]
>> # And when you are done, go back to gnuplot if you need
>> graphics_toolkit(gcf, 'gnuplot')
>>
>> Regards
>> Helios
>>

>> SABEMOS QUÉ HICIMOS EN 2013
>> 365 días de Innovación
>> ANUARIO DE BIOMECÁNICA
>> http://www.ibv.org/anuario2013
>> ______________________________
>>
>> INSTITUTO DE BIOMECÁNICA DE VALENCIA
>> Universidad Politécnica de Valencia • Edificio 9C
>> Camino de Vera s/n • 46022 VALENCIA (ESPAÑA)
>> Tel. +34 96 387 91 60 • Fax +34 96 387 91 69
>> www.ibv.org
>>
>> Antes de imprimir este e-mail piense bien si es necesario hacerlo.
>> En cumplimiento de la Ley Orgánica 15/1999 reguladora de la
Protección
>> de Datos de Carácter Personal, le informamos de que el presente
mensaje
>> contiene información confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo del
>> destinatario arriba indicado. En caso de no ser usted el
destinatario