Re: Converting a Matlab program to Octave

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Converting a Matlab program to Octave
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 13:48:18 +1000

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:03:47 +1000, momozilla76 <address@hidden> wrote:

Im new to Octave and I am using a previously made program to learn how to use
octave but I am having troubles with the function.

function [o] = adaptiveThres(a,W,noShow);
%Adaptive thresholding is performed by segmenting image a

[snip]

end;

output:
error: 'a' undefined near line 3 column 13
error: evaluating argument list element number 1

can someone please help me

The function would be used the same way in Octave as in Matlab.
As the error message implies, you need to assign, or define the parameters/variables (a,W,noShow) in your calling function or script before calling the function adaptiveThres(). If you think you have done that, it would be helpful to include sufficient of the calling function or script so we can see how these variables are being defined.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell