Re: Moving functions from octave-forge to octave

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: Moving functions from octave-forge to octave
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:54:10 +0200

On 02/07/2014 09:46, Ronald wrote:
I read a quote from a 2007 thread of John W. Eaton saying:
"any function currently in an Octave Forge package that is in
the list of core Matlab functions is a candidate for moving to
Octave"

So I was wondering if the actxserver function from the windows package
shouldn't be moved to the Octave.

And what about others like for example xlsread and xlswrite from the io package?

What would be the criteria for moving an Octave Forge function to Octave?

I personally think it would be a good thing to include these.

if they require Java,
no thanks