Re: eig in octave parallel version

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: eig in octave parallel version
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:54:27 -0500

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Rui Miguel Soares Pereira <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,

I wanted to improve the speed of a code I developed in Octave.
Does anyone know if there is a version of the function eig in a parallel version?
Where can I find it, and what packages are necessary to install?
Do we call it in the same way as in its sequential version?

Thank you very much,
rui

​Using a good optimized blas/lapack libray helps a lot.
On my computer using OpenBlas vs Atlas gives about a factor of 8 improvement
for a simple benchmark:

a = eye(4000)+randn(4000);
tic; eig(a); toc

atlas --> 441 sec