Which behavior should I expect when using inputParser?

From: Damian
Subject: Which behavior should I expect when using inputParser?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:04:23 +0200

Hello,

Recently I run into some unexpected (for me) behavior when using
inputParser. Here is the example:

    p = inputParser;
    p.FunctionName = 'my_function;
    p.CaseSensitive = true;
    p.KeepUnmatched = true;

    p = p.addOptional('local', 0, @isnumeric);

    test = {'local', 15};

    res = p.parse(test{:})

After executing this code, the parameter 'local' appears as unmatched,
even though is passed as parameter.

If I change the KeepUnmatched attribute to 'false' I get an error
saying that an unmatched parameter was found (namely 'local').

I would expect the 'local' parameter specified in 'test' to be parsed
without a problem. Am I missing something?

I'm using Octave version 3.6.4.

Thanks in advance,
Damian.