Re: Problem with Octave installation in cluster

From: ajaynair
Subject: Re: Problem with Octave installation in cluster
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:02:31 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mike. I had done quiet a bit of searching before posting this.
Building BLAS and LAPACK as shared libraries is the most common suggestion I
had found. However, I could not find how to do that given explicitly
anywhere. From what I could get I followed these procedures for making them
shared
*BLAS:*
gfortran -shared -O2 *.f -o libblas.so -fPIC

*LAPACK: in 'make.inc' file;*
FORTRAN  = gfortran
OPTS     = -shared -O2 -fdefault-integer-8 -fPIC
DRVOPTS  = $(OPTS)
NOOPT    = -shared -O0 -fdefault-integer-8 -fPIC
LOADER   = gfortran
LOADOPTS =

BLASLIB      = /home/wangikar/src/BLAS/libblas.so
LAPACKLIB    = liblapack.so

Did I do it correctly? I can give more information if required. In general
the discussions about installation of Octave in cluster seems to have a dead
end, even the threads you have mentioned (there are others also available)
did not seem to have found a solution. Is there any reason for that? Is it
not recommended to work with Octave on a cluster?