Re: Problem with invoke call from Java

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Problem with invoke call from Java
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Olaf Lüke wrote
> Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>> What Java version do you have installed? 32 or 64 bit?
> I tested on both 32 and 64 bit.
>
>> 32 or 64 bit OS?
> I tested on 32 bit hardware with 32 bit OS and on 64 bit hardware with
> 64 bit OS.

One thing to watch out for is to mix 32-bit compiled Octave with 64-bit Java
(and v.v.). At least on my (64-bit Windows) boxes that doesn't work.

> <snip>
>> So would you have a few lines of code that do not need the HW and that
>> do show the problem?
> I reproduced the problem with a minimal example:
> http://download.tinkerforge.com/_stuff/octave/
>
> How i compiled it is described in the comments of the files. I also
> attached the .class that i used for testing. Perhaps you can try to
> compile it yourself and also try to use my .class. This way we can find
> out if my Java environment has a problem.

Too bad that I lack time in the coming weeks (conference + preparation - the
latter as usual in my own time). I am sorry.
(In addition I gave up on trying to compile Java stuff - I find 1+ GB of
mostly junk (NetBeans) just to compile a few lines of code a ridiculous
waste of HD space and I've never gotten ant to work properly :-(  There must
be an easier way using the JDK-supplied tools but I could never assign
priority to sorting it out.  So AFAIU it's good that you supply a class lib
:-) )

Maybe someone else can help out soon, or perhaps I do find some quiet spell.

Philip