Re: Problem loading a mat file

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem loading a mat file
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 16:33:36 -0400

** please avoid top-posting on the mail-list **

On Jun 7, 2014, at 3:34 PM, Sylvain LEFEBVRE <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Using Matlab R2013b ...

load obj_A.mat
Warning: Variable 'obj_A' originally saved as a gmdistribution cannot be
instantiated as an object and will be read in as a uint32.

whos
  Name                  Size             Bytes  Class     Attributes

  default_fontsize      1x1                  8  double
  obj_A                 6x1                 24  uint32
  output                1x112              224  char

obj_A

obj_A =

  3707764736
           2
           1
           1
           1
           1

It appears that obj_A a classdef object of the gmdistribution class.

        http://www.mathworks.com/help/stats/gmdistribution-class.html

If the statistics toolbox isn't installed, Matlab is also unable to load the
file.

Classdef support is in the process of being added to Octave.  I tried creating
and saving a simple classdef example, and encountered the error below.

        error: octave_base_value::save_ascii(): wrong type argument 'object'

Ben