Re: Octave 3.8.1 binary for Mac OS X.6.8?

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.1 binary for Mac OS X.6.8?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 07:19:09 +0200

On 6 Jun 2014, at 06:34, Dushan Mitrovich <address@hidden> wrote:

> Right now I have 3.4.0 installed on my system, Snow Leopard X.6.8.  I
> know there's a .dmg binary available for Mavericks OS X.9, but it's not
> clear whether this is ONLY for Mavericks or if it is usable also under
> Snow Leopard.  Anybody know?  Thanks.

I am afraid that binary only works on Mavericks.
If you wish, though, I can send you the MacPorts port used
to build that binary which should be portable to
older systems.

Be aware that using this will involve building from source
Octave and all its dependencies which may take half a day or more
depending on your hardware, but should work automatically with
almost no interaction on your side.

> - Dushan
c.